St. Bart's Cabaret
September 22, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
Rutter Feel the Spirit
October 15, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
Addison Good Night: a Requiem
November 4, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
November 5, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
Dickens A Christmas Carol
December 15, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
part 1: Christmas
December 8, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
December 10, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
part 2: Passion
March 24, 2024, 4:00 p.m.
part 3: Finale
May 19, 2024, 4:00 p.m.
winter Missa Gaia
April 21, 2024 4:00 p.m.
Mary Poppins (in concert)
May 31, 2024, 7:00 p.m.
June 1, 2024, 12:00 p.m.
June 2, 2024, 4:00 p.m.
- Multiple DatesFri, Dec 08Dec 08, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMSt. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 16275 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA 92064, USAOur annual sing-along presentation of Messiah, featuring Christmas portions and the beloved Hallelujah Chorus, in collaboration with the Greater San Diego Music Coterie
- Multiple DatesSun, Dec 10Dec 10, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMSt. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 16275 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA 92064, USAOur annual sing-along presentation of Messiah, featuring Christmas portions and the beloved Hallelujah Chorus, in collaboration with the Greater San Diego Music Coterie
- Fri, Dec 15Dec 15, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMSt. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 16275 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA 92064, USACome hear Dickens' beloved classic read dramatically, accompanied by an audience sing-along of some of our best-loved Christmas carols.
- Sun, Mar 24Mar 24, 2024, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PMSt. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 16275 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA 92064, USAHear the beauty and solemnity of part two of Messiah, in collaboration with the Greater San Diego Music Coterie, featuring striking choruses and arias, with the pain and anguish of the Passion narrative.
- Sun, Apr 21Apr 21, 2024, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PMSt. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 16275 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA 92064, USAHelp honor Earth Day weekend with our presentation of Paul Winter's beautiful choral masterwork, Missa Gaia, as we focus in on environmental stewardship through music.
- Sun, May 19May 19, 2024, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PMSt. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 16275 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA 92064, USAThe finale of Handel's masterwork features triumphal music as the resurrection of Christ is proclaimed and the end times prophesied. Presented in collaboration with the Greater San Diego Music Coterie.
The music program at St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, Poway, California has a long history of excellence, with a robust parish choir, community choir, Schola Cantorum, string ensemble, brass choir, handbell choir, contemporary ensemble, Celtic woodwinds, and many more groups who all complement weekly worship offerings and provide for music for special service and events. An annual music series of masterworks and other events offer an eclectic array of offerings for the community to enjoy. The newly-renovated sanctuary offers beautiful acoustics and aesthetics, with comfortable seats and modern audio-visual technology. Upcoming choir residencies include Wellington Cathedral of St. Paul, New Zealand (July 2025), and past tours have included St Albans Cathedral, UK (August 2023), Italy, France,
the Holy Land, British Isles, and Continental Europe.
Director of Music
Dr. John-Luke Addison
Dr. John-Luke Addison is a pianist, music director, conductor, composer, and teacher. He has directed music for several international professional theatrical productions, choirs, and churches, and has had published compositions performed internationally. John-Luke completed his Doctorate in Music Composition through the University of Oxford (in affiliation with the Graduate Theological Foundation), and did his other graduate work at York University in Toronto, studying composition.
As a pianist, John-Luke excels in both classical and contemporary work, with a high aptitude for expression and improvisation. As a conductor, John-Luke is a dynamic leader, and directs ensembles with passion, animation, and precision, while achieving high artistic success. As a composer, John-Luke specializes in music that creates emotional and imaginative characters, with a sensitivity to color, balance, and texture.
Dr. Diane Snodgrass
Diane and her husband Joe have attended St. Bart’s since 2004. Prior to this she served as music director at St. David’s Episcopal Church in San Diego. She is grateful to have played regularly with the San Diego Symphony, the San Diego Opera, and the San Diego Master Chorale, as well as with many of the area’s finest musicians. She earned her doctorate in piano performance at the University of Southern California Thornton School of Music and degrees in piano from SDSU and the University of Alabama. Diane is excited to continue working with the terrific music staff at the church she loves.
Alto Section Leader
Ever since Danielle can remember, she has had a passion for the Arts and people – she has been singing since she was a toddler! Danielle decided to pursue this passion for the Arts by attending Biola University and graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Vocal Performance and Opera. She has played lead roles in both Operas and musical theater productions. She is honored to be at St. Bart’s to use her God-given gifts to serve.
Anna Lettang is the Handbell Director at St. Bartholomew's, and is excited to help the halls ring out with joy! During the day, Anna works as the Middle School Music and Theatre teacher at the O'Farrell Charter Schools. Additionally, Anna graduated with her Master's in Choral Conducting in the Spring of 2022 from San Diego State University. Anna also sings with the St. Barts Parish Choir.
Associate Director of Music
Tim McLellan has served as bass section leader at since 2005, and Associate Director as of 2020. Throughout his musical career, he has sung and conducted at Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist, and Assembly of God churches. He holds degrees in music from Cal Poly State University and the University of Washington. When he's not at St. Bart's, he teaches math and music to middle school students in San Diego Unified School District.
Sean McCormac has proudly served as Precentor and tenor section leader for St. Bart’s since 2011. He attained his bachelor’s degree in vocal performance from Cal State Northridge. Sean has performed with many local ensembles, including Greater San Diego Coterie, San Diego Pro Arte Voices, SACRA/PROFANA, and La Jolla Symphony Chorus.
Soprano Section Leader
Hannah is trilled to be singing in her home town. In fact, the very first professional opportunity was being hired by her Poway High School Spanish teacher to sing the National Anthem. At Poway High School Hannah really found her love of music, both through choir and theater as well as part of the marching band and orchestra in the percussion section. Hannah moved to Orange County after graduating to attend Cal State Fullerton where she received her degree in music and had the opportunity to sing under John Alexander and Dr. Robert Istad both at the university and with the renowned Pacific Chorale. In 2021, Hannah moved back to San Diego and was excited to join the San Diego Master Chorale and now St. Bart’s!
RSCM Choir School Program
In conjunction with the RSCM America (Royal School of Church Music), our Choir School for children aged 6-18 enriches your child with a well-rounded musical education by learning the fundamentals of choral music. While all choristers and their families are welcomed and encouraged to participate fully in the life of St. Bart's parish, church membership is not required, nor do you have to be an Episcopalian.
Rehearsals will include warm-ups, repertoire practice, completing music theory workbooks, and periodic examinations to advance levels. Scholarships to the annual choristers' summer camps in Portland or Rhode Island are available for all participants.
Children sing once monthly in church, and at other special services throughout the year. Choir School rehearses Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. with Associate Director Tim McLellan.